Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Decade of Us - My Life Made Extraordinary



A decade had past, a spectacle I did not expect to last;
It was the year two thousand when it sparked,
When two people, hundred of miles apart,
Started the first single step of a decade march.


A decade had past, a spectacle I did not expect to last;
How hot and wonderful summer that was,
Vacation from the University, no school works at last!
More important than that, I have known a beautiful lass!


A decade had past, a spectacle I did not expect to last;
From that blissful summer, to the months and years that pass,
The march continued through mails, SMS and long distance calls,
The journey moved through heartaches, love, sorrows and joys.


A decade had past, a spectacle I did not expect to last;
Through the years and despite the intriguing distance,
The seed that was implanted that summer of two thousand,
Grew into a promising tree of love, hope and happiness.


A decade had past, a spectacle I did not expect to last;
It was the end summer of two thousand four,
When the march reached the end of friendship,
And started a new journey of mutual love.


A decade had past, a spectacle I did not expect to last;
As normal relationship they said, ups and downs existed,
The happy memories and sad moments we shared,
Made you and me a solid “US”.


A decade had past, a spectacle I did not expect to last;
The year two thousand eight, when we got married first,
Two thousand nine when we renewed our vows at church,
That was a ten years passed – A great decade of Us.


~The story behind the above poem is my life and love story with my wife. It was a long distance relationship molded through texting and calling with the help of SMART and the usual snail mails.

SMART have played a big role in our lives since the day I met Myrnelly, my wife through texting in the “Alas Singko Y Media” morning show of ABS-CBN. And through the years of friendship turned into relationship, the numerous flights to Cebu and Manila and at last we were finally became couples in the eyes of men and God.

And because we are currently settled in Manila, SMART BRO serves as our bridge to my in-laws in Dipolog through the internet and the famous social networking site to share our photos and give them regular updates.

Indeed, SMART made my life, our lives EXTRAORDINARY!


This is my official entry to the writing  contest of SMART Telecommunications with the theme My Life made Extraordinary.

You can visit the contest website to view my entry or to know more about the contest by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment