Sunday, February 6, 2011

Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 - Race Day Pics

At the Ayala Avenue Starting Line @ 4:25 AM

With Sam at the starting line

Backward shot while running along Skyway- still dark
Last major uphill part of the race - Buendia Flyover

Last marker for 21K - 20th Km mark
Shot just after crossing the finish line at Fort Bonifacio
My first marathon medal! Shot after claiming the finisher's medal
Proudly wearing my 21km finisher's medal



With Sir Romeo at the Baggage Claim area

Finish line as backdrop
Want some beer?? :-)
With Reman at the Coors Light Booth


The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 was held this morning, February 6, 2011. This is my first race this year and my first half marathon (21Km).

I registered an unofficial time of 2 hours and 22 minutes, not so bad but my toe nails suffered a lot!
For sure I will have a hard time walking in the next days. But this is part of the sport, no pain no gain as they say.

I am happy with my race time considering of the lack to sufficient training and proper nutrition prior to race day.

I am looking for more races soon!

P.S. My warm thanks to my running mate, Sam and to Sir Romeo and Reman!

No comments:

Post a Comment