Today, I got a new PR at 5K run event (26 minutes unofficial) during the HYUNDAI Free Run for a Cause at the Quirino Grandstand. My last 5K event was at the 10.10.10 Run for Pasig River. After that I have done 10K,16K and 21K in several races.
The race was very well organized, you name what runners need and they provided, to think that it was a complete 100% FREE run!
The Hyundai Run for a Cause also marks their 10th year Anniversary and it was really superb! The event exceeded all expectations and even beat some or most of the sky rocketing (reg fee) running events that was organized previously.
To name a few, here are my observations and most of them will be seen in my photo shots.
1. VENUE AND SET UP - Very well prepared, from the entry points there were banners about the Hyundai Run. The START line, the stage and the FINISH line were intelligently separated to accommodate the expected 20K plus runners and to avoid congestion.The change of venue also helped a lot with the vast Luneta Park and Quirino Grandstand which offered a lot of space for everyone.
2. WAVE START - The wave start which separated each batch of runners by at least 10 minutes provided space to runners, imagine if the bulk of almost 20 thousand 5K runners started at once, that would be a great mess and chaos. Good job in strictly implementing the wave start, lots of marshalls and bouncers too!
3. RUNNER'S NEEDS- Every runner's need are all provided for by Hyundai during the registration period, claiming of race kits and most of all during the RACE DAY. Portalets were abundant and well strategically set-up, baggage counter tents, sign banners, photo walls, ambulances, water stations (bottled water, YES!), first aid tents and crews, fire truck shower before the finish line and to add the numerous marshalls along the route, they were in interval of three-four meters. Whew! Love it!
4. REAL FUN RUN - The essence of this event is the FUN for every runner, walker and everyone. I felt the very positive emotions of everyone during the run and after at the finish line.Hyundai Run for a Cause should become the standard for running events- having fun, giving to charities, well-organized! And not those pretenders that are taking advantage to the running boom. Kudos to Hyundai!
5. PHOTO FINISH - Nothing negative to comment, its a photo finish for every participant of the Hyundai Run for a Cause. Congratulations to everyone and most especially to Hyundai! Thank you and Happy 10th year Anniversary!
See you on the road guys!