It's the 5th of September, my wife's birthday today!
As we are just two of us here in Manila, we will have a simple celebration with our favorite food such as Ube Cake, Penne Spaghetti (Filipino style), Elbow Macaroni Sweet Salad (Filipino style) and the usual food for birthdays here in the Philippines, Pancit Bihon.
It makes me hungry, it is still preparation time, so gonna go and join in the cooking.
Lastly, I would like to share our recipe for the Filipino style Macaroni Sweet Salad:
400 grams Elbow Macaroni (pack)
500 grams Fruit Cocktail (can)
300 ml Condensed Milk (can)
300 ml Mayonnaise (Pouch/Bottle)
250 ml All Purpose Cream (Tetra pack)
350 ml Nata de Coco (Bottle)
350 ml Kaong (Bottle)
1. Boil enough water for the Macaroni. Put some salt and oil prior to boiling the water. When the water boils, put the elbow macaroni and wait until it become al dente (occasionally stir while boiling to avoid stick up).
2. Drain the elbow macaroni (no need to wash with running water, the salt will add up to the flavor).
3. Put the mayonnaise to the drained macaroni, mixed and spread evenly the mayonnaise. (use big mixing bowl)
4. Then put the Fruit Cocktail, Nata de Coco, Kaong, Condensed Milk and All Purpose Cream. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
5. You can add sliced cheese (cube), raisins, pili nuts, macadamia nuts, if desired (for additional flavor and presentation).
6. Transfer to a container and chill before serving.